100% ORGANIC LIVE-STREAMING CAMPAIGN
1) Activate Mastercard's sponsorship of Festival of Speed 2017.
2) Reach 5M motorsport fans organically in short-time frame over festival weekend.
3) Improve engagement on Mastercard's sponsored videos.
EVENT SELECTION = PRICELESS
Festival of Speed has firmly established itself as the world's greatest celebration of motorsport and car culture. Mastercard aims to deepen its brand relationship with customers and position itself as more than just a payment-card company. The Priceless Moments campaign looks to build emotional engagement with consumers by bringing cardholders closer to the glamour and thrill of the motor racing event.
TARGET AUDIENCE = GLOBAL DIGITAL REACH
Customers of Mastercard are tech-savvy people who look for a digital medium for their day to day transactions. Majority of Mastercard's customers are in the age group of 20-40 years of the population in the B2C segment. Mastercard has a presence in more than 210 countries which is helping the brand in creating high TOMA.
SOCIAL ALGORITHMS = LIVE
Facebook and YouTube algorithms favouring live-streams.
The new strategy centred around hitting Mastercard’s target demographic wherever they exist without using paid promotion. It combined a powerful combination of technology, relationships, and audience engagement.
1) IDENTIFY PARTNERS - These included car manufacturers, large video publishers, and motorsport community groups.
2) BUILD RELATIONSHIPS - Once we’d identified demographics, geographies and publishers aligned to both client and sponsors core values, we would reach out and build relationships with them to ascertain what specific content they’d like on their channels.
3) SUPERCHARGE DISTRIBUTION - We planned to take the main TV feed and live-stream it to multiple social channels, online communities and partners at a single time on an unprecedented scale.
4) TAILOR FEED - Live-streamed races would be tailored for each distribution partner - for example, Red Bull Racing would receive live on-board footage of their drivers, DriveTribe live-streams of the supercars for their supercar page, and Everything Drift live-streams of the drifters.
5) ENGAGE COMMUNITIES - Community managers would interact with fans watching the various streams on individual pages to increase fan engagement, further boosting the algorithmic advantages.
1) IDENTIFY PARTNERS - We used social video analytics and sponsored video intelligence to identify the right brands to target.
2) BUILD RELATIONSHIPS - 2 months prior to the event, we started building relationships with over 20 partners and 300 relevant communities.
3) SUPERCHARGE DISTRIBUTION - 20 live-streams hit over 500 partner feeds on five social channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Dailymotion, Twitter). A total of 502 live-streams in 3 days.
4) TAILOR FEED - Due to the large project, publishers had to be capable of quick turnaround of copy, thumbnails and a knowledge of Facebook, YouTube and Periscope CMS to quickly manage the workload. 6 staff members used Slack, Skype and WhatsApp to communicate between three sites, over three festival days.
5) ENGAGE COMMUNITIES - Staff members in London office remotely engaged with each and every feed.